Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

The 'Tan Pan' Session

Characters Involved:

Andy's Side
- Andy's Dad
- Andy's Gu Ma
- Andy (of course)

Cass's Side
- Cass's Dad
- Cass's Mum
- Cass's Bro
- Cass

Venue

- Quality Hotel; Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant



Lotus Restaurant is one of my dad's favourite hang out place.
He is a vegetarian so we fixed the venue at the vegetarian restaurant, thou andy detest to eat vegetarian food.. Bo Bian mah.. hehe.. Actually its not much of 'tan pan' but more of a small 'get to know' and discussion session.

We met to discuss what my parents wanted for the wedding. As usual traditional practice, my mum asked for cakes, oranges, etc and of course we are a teochew thus we asked for 'Si Dian Jin'.
Before this discussion my parents had a slight 'heaty' discussion over the stuff required. My mum was tradition while my dad was modern. My dad trys to abolish the tradition (i.e: roast pig) to make things simple while my mum believes we shld follow the tradition requirements. Anyway they still managed to compromise and come out with the list. No matter what they required I believed they wanted the best for us, be it modern or tradition. Sometimes, traditional stuffs might not be logical but every single thing represents something correct.

The discussion went smoothly and to be frank nothing much was discussed coz my mum written everything that is needed on a pc of red paper already and Andy's Gu ma will be asking for the wedding dates on our behalf.
As for Andy and Me, we can start our research!!

(PS: No photos for this post as old ppl dun like to take photo)

No comments: