Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Being a Mother

After having a taste of motherhood, I must agree that all mothers are so wei da.. I cant imagine how olden days ppl can take care of so many children plus they need to do household chores..

I had been trying to juggle between doing household chores and taking care of estelle alone during my maternity leave. I guess kids back those days are easier to take care compared to kids these days. Kids these days are so smart.. There bound to be a day that estelle will outspoke me and may even talk back like we did to our parents. *Sad*

The initial stage while taking care of Estelle after the confinement lady left was overwhelming. Home alone with Estelle puts me on panic attacks and post pregnancy blues.. Although Andy had kept telling me that I am doing well, I just cant convinced myself that I am plus taking care of an infant seems like a guessing game (since they dun know how to talk) brought down my morale.

As time passed, I learnt that taking care of an infant needs to go easy. Being too paranoid will impose unnecessary stress. The PD had also brought up my morale when he says Estelle is doing well and catching up with others thou she had started small.. She had gain almost 2x her birth weight at 2mths which most babies do at 3 mths.. *Happy*

Although tired, all efforts seems gradually paid off.. I took a longer route (2 mths) than others to establish my milk supply but I had finally achieved to put Estelle on total breastfeeding.. Estelle had also been trained to sleep thru out the night at 2 mths.. Most importantly she seems to acknowledge the efforts with smiles and responses.. No wonder ppl says your heart will melt when u see your baby smiles. So first time mothers out there, hang on as your efforts will be paid off too!

And before who knows.. I am going back to work soon.. I had not rest well yet!! Luckily, now I managed to catch up some breath and learn driving while Estelle is in infant care. Infant care teachers had compliment that she is a good girl, even the cleaner also told me.. haha.. luckily no complaints.. She really is my little angel..

* I am a proud Mother of Estelle * :P

No comments: